The new Master of Science in Genetic Counseling program at Washington University School of Medicine plans to begin accepting applications September 2020. We are proud to announce that we have achieved Candidate Status from the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling and are currently pending accreditation. The Program in Genetic Counseling will be an innovative, 21-month Master’s program that will prepare graduates to become certified genetic counselors. Our affiliate institution for this program is Saint Louis University. We are proud to work with them on this endeavor.
Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis puts people first by providing award winning care to patients and developing leaders throughout the medical field. The leadership positions in the Program in Genetic Counseling are:
- (Interim) Program Director
- Associate Program Director
- Assistant Program Director
- Medical Director
The new Master of Science in Genetic Counseling program has achieved Candidate Status by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC).
- The program takes place over 21 months.
- Students will take 13 didactic courses.
- Students will complete 5 clinical rotations.
- Students will conduct a research project suitable for submission for a peer-reviewed journal.
The Program is in the process of obtaining “New Program” Accreditation Status with ACGC and anticipates this occurring prior to matriculating our first class of students Fall 2021. We plan to begin accepting applications in September.