The Program in Genetic Counseling has achieved New Program Accreditation status from the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling.
Our innovative, 21-month Master of Science program prepares graduates to be certified genetic counselors. We are proud to work with our affiliate institution, Saint Louis University, on this endeavor.
Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis is consistently ranked as a top ten U.S. medical school and was one of the primary institutions involved with the Human Genome Project. The institution remains dedicated to advancing Medical Genetics and Precision Medicine through clinical innovation and research.
Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis puts people first by providing award winning care to patients and developing leaders throughout the medical field. The leadership positions in the Program in Genetic Counseling are:
- Program Director
- Associate Program Director
- Assistant Program Director
- Medical Director
The new Master of Science in Genetic Counseling program has achieved New Program Accreditation status by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling (ACGC).
- The program takes place over 21 months.
- Students will take 13 didactic courses.
- Students will complete 5 clinical rotations.
- Students will conduct a research project suitable for submission for a peer-reviewed journal.